Friday 31 October 2008

Love Note Bag

When we were at Regionals in September another Demonstrator Jayne Mercer showed us some very cool things to make using different size envelopes. I couldn't wait to go home and have a go. One of the projects she showed us was to make a little handbag using 2 love note envelopes, some patterned paper, ribbon and velcro (or 'rip and stick' as I like to call it). How cute does this look. Below is a picture of the inside:

You can see here there are 2 love note envelopes attached together by the envelope flap to a piece of cardstock. The double sided patterned paper is stuck to the other side from top to bottom. You can cut the paper once it has been stuck to the envelopes or you can do what I did here and fold the remaining paper in half and stick it together and use it as a flap. I used the corner rounder punch to round the corners of the flap.

Inside the bag you can make a card and something else to stick inside the envelopes. I made this bag for a friend so I made this very simple friendship card.
I was going to make a magnet to put in the other envelope but instead I made something that my friend could display somewhere in her home so I made this using one of the stamps from God's Blessings layered up with a stand on the back.
Here is the back view. You can see I added a very small piece of ribbon so that the cardstock won't fall flat and remain upright.

No comments: