Thursday 13 November 2008

It's Beautiful

As promised here are 2 cards I made using the It's Beautiful roller from the spring mini catalogue. The first is a card made using the chalkboard technique:Stamp set: It's Beautiful roller and A Beautiful Thing
Ink: whisper white craft stampin' pad and choc chip
cardstock: ruby red, choc chip and more mustard
Accessories: stampin' pastels, choc chip wide grosgrain ribbon, daubers

I used white craft ink and rolled the roller across a piece of choc chip cardstock. I then used daubers and different coloured pastels from the earth elements family to apply colour to the stamped image. When using daubers and chalks you only need to dab the colour on - don't rub when applying the chalk. I layered this onto a piece of more mustard card and then onto ruby red. The greeting is stamped in choc chip.

The second I made using the same roller:

Stamp sets: It's a Beautiful roller and short and sweet

Ink: Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery

Accessories: word window, piercing tool, glietter, rhinestone brad, embossing buddy and 2 way glue pen
This was a very quick and easy card to make. I rolled the roller diagonally across the vanilla cardstock. I mounted it onto pretty in pink cardstock. I used the piercing tool along some of the swirly dotted lines and applied glitter to some of the flowers. Here is a closer look at the piercing:

A close up of the piercing.

No comments: