Monday 25 August 2008

For Colleen - Love Ya Guts

Someone at work wanted me to make this card for Colleen. All she asked was that the card have Love Ya Guts on it so here it is: Colours: Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla and Certainly Celery
Stamp sets: Level 1 Hostess Set, True Friend and a non stampin up alphabet set (hero art)
Accessories: dimensionals, word window punch, stamp-a-ma-jig, rhinestone brad, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, 5 petal flower punch and groovy guava double stitched ribbon.

The card is 12cm square with the front of the card being about 5 mm short, so when the card is closed completely you can see the guava from the back of the card. I scored the card at 9cm and added a strip of chocolate chip for this effect.

The flower image is made by stamping the large flower stamp from the True Friend stamp set found in the spring mini catalogue in certainly celery. I then punched the groovy guava cardstock twice using the 5 petal flower punch, layed them over each other so that they lined up with the stamped flower image. I stuck them using dimensionals. I then punched a circle in choc chip using the 1 3/8" circle punch. I stamped with flower in certainly celery and punched it out using the 1 1/4" circle punch. I then put a green rhinestone brad in the centre and mounted it on dimensionals.

I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to position the brackets around the words Love ya guts. To make the ribbon corner I cut a small length of ribbon and tied it in a know and just stuck it down.

No comments: