Tuesday 7 April 2009

Masking

I wanted to make a card using the Masking technique so I thought what better stamp set than A Happy Heart to use for it. The heart in this stamp set is perfect for masking. Here is the card I made:Stamp sets: A Happy Heart and Short and Sweet
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red and Choc Chip
Accessories: Dimensionals, Choc Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Ginger Blossom paper and Dotto

This is a really simple card. The thing that took the most time was cutting out the hearts. For this technique you need to stamp the heart image onto a piece of paper and cut it out slightly smaller that the image; this makes sure you don't get white spaces in between the hearts when you do your stamping. Then I started in the middle with the red heart and stamped it onto white cardstock. I then placed the piece of paper I cut out earlier over the image and stamped another heart in pink on either side of the first heart, take the piece of paper away and repeat process as many times as you would like. I wanted 5 hearts in total so I repeated the process another 2 times. I then cut the entire heart image out and mounted it using dimensionals. I then attached a piece of Ginger Blossom paper (now retired) as it went so well and added a little ribbon and greeting - too easy.

No comments: