Friday 16 January 2009

Challenge time

It's time for another one of Kristina's Colour Inspirations. Here is number 38, a tricky one this week I thought.The colours we had to use are Ruby Red, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie and Whispter White. Here's the card I made:Stamp Set: Short and Sweet
Cardstock: Ruby Red and Whisper White
Ink: Ruby Red
Accessories: Flower Fusion, striped grosgrain ribbon, corner rounder punch, rhinestone brads, dimensionals, mini glue dot and Spring Fling designer series papers.

This is a very simple layout. I cut the whisper white to size and rounded the corners using the punch. I then cut a piece of patterned paper and rounded the bottom corners to match the white cardstock. I also used the corner rounder punch for the piece of cardstock with the greeting on it. The ribbon is wrapped around the cardstock and then a bow is made a stuck down using a mini glue dot. I used a large rhinestone brad for the centre of the flower and mounted it using dimensionals.

6 comments:

Jacki said...

I love your card! Simple, clean and very pretty :)

Kara said...

So pretty and clean. Love the ribbon!
Kara

Anonymous said...

Hi Kellie a sweet and simple idea...I like it a lot! ~Donna

Savitri said...

What a sweet card!

Unknown said...

Your card is very pretty!

kareN stampZ said...

I love the bow & the card is very effective