Friday 5 December 2008

Live Your Dream

I've made a couple of cards using this stamp set for a couple of birthdays - a 50th and 40th card. Here they are:
Stamp Set: Live Your Dream and Think Happy Thoughts
Cardstock: Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow and Very Vanilla
Ink: Sage Shadow and Ruby Red Markers
Accessories: Scallop punch, 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 circle punches, Ruby Red Brads, Piercing Tool, Dimensionals and Corner Rounder punch (you could use the new scallop edge punch found in the summer mini catalogue)

The layout for this card was inspired by a card in the summer mini catalogue on page 19. I could have made life easier for myself by using the new scallop edge punch down the sides of the choc chip cardstock but I don't have it yet. The 50 inside the circle was done using rub-ons I had a home. The flower was inked using the Stampin' Write Markers in Ruby Red and Sage Shadow (still on special until the 15th Dec).

Here is the other card using the same set:
Stamp Sets: as above
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla and Rose Red
Ink: Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa and Rose Red
Accessories: Dimensionals, Brads, Piercing Tool, Certainly Celery wide grosgrain ribbon, 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 circle punches and Close to Cocoa Prints Paper

I really like this card. This card was made for one of our friends at work who recently turned the BIG 40!!! This layout is pretty straight forward. I cut 2 pieces of ribbon; The first one I wrapped around the Patterned paper and stuck down and the second I tied in a knot and then stuck it down where I wanted it. I often do this to save ribbon.

1 comment:

Debbie M said...

very nice cards - both of them!

Debbie M