Monday 29 September 2008

Sam's Celebration Colour Challenge

Sam is running a colour challenge in celebration of 20,000 blog hits - how cool is that, CONGRATULATIONS Sam. The challenge finishes tomorrow so I've been busy making a card after getting home from work today. Here is my card:The colours we had to use were Perfect Plum, Soft Sky, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink and Whisper White.

Stamp set: Fabulous Flowers, Priceless and canvas background
Accessories: Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon, rub-ons, pink brad, white eyelet, dimensionals

I thought I would have trouble putting these colours together but I like the end result and am beginning to love this Fabulous stamp set. It was not a favourite of mine but when I had a little play with it when I was at Di's house I had to borrow it for a while (thanks again Di).
For the large flower I used the 'kissing' technique. I inked the canvas background stamp with rose red ink and then stamped it onto the large flower - very easy and effective.
Check out Sam's blog to see other entries in her colour challenge

2 comments:

Debbie M said...

Very nice!!! You are really enjoying that large flower stamp aren't you - and they all look so great!

Debbie M

Diane Barnes said...

What can I say but....Fabulous Kellie! I can never get the kissing technique to work that well. Love it.