Monday 22 September 2008

Happy Birthday Di

Happy Birthday for yesterday Di, Hope it was a good one:

Here is the birthday card I made for Di:

I love this card, I hope Di does as well.

Stamp sets: Level 1 and level 2 hostess sets

Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Blue Bayou and Real Red

Ink: Blue Bayou

Accessories: Real Red wide grosgrain ribbon, Jumbo pewter eyelet and Die cut blooms (from the spring mini catalogue.


Box of Flowers

I made Di this box of flowers as well. I have had this idea in my head for a while but haven't got around to making it until now. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Die cut blooms in various colours and sizes

Punches: 5 petal flower punch, boho punch, scallop punch, various size circle punches

Accessories: Real Red wide grosgrain ribbon, Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon, wire, florest foam, sticky strip, large glue dots and snail adhesive or double sided tape.

The box was made using an Explosion Box template - very easy. Here is a tutorial you can use to make the box.

The flowers were made using the Die cut blooms from the spring mini catalogue. I also made a couple of extra additions using a couple of punches listed above. Once I sorted them out how I like them I stuck the various layers using snail adhesive then stuck the wire to the backs using large glue dots and sticky strip. I covered the backs in the same coloured cardstock as the base of the flowers in various size circles to suit the size of the flowers. I tied some Wild Wasabi ribbon around the wire as leaves. Then it's a matter or arranging the flowers how you want them into the Florist foam inside the box. I tied some ribbon around the box to keep everything intact and to finish it off.

1 comment:

Diane Barnes said...

Thanks so much for the gorgeous flowers & cards Kellie. They look even more fab IRL sitting on my shelf. Best wishes, Di :)