Thursday 24 July 2008

Happy Birthday Charlie

My friend from work (Mel) asked me to make her a one year old birthday card. The only requirement was that it hve her name on it, so here is what I came up with:

Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Pixie Pink, Barely Banana and Whisper White
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose, Pixie Pink, So Saffron and Certainly Celery
Stamp set: Bundle of Joy, Short Order Alphabet, Occasional Sayings
Accessories: Certainly Celery wide grosgrain ribbon, boho blossoms punch, 3/4" and 1" circle punches, corner rounder punch, dimensionals, double sided tape or snail adhesive, dauber, stamp-a-ma-jig and Barely Banana marker

I used one of the stamps from Bundle of Joy to stamp over the base of the card using the barely banana marker. I stamped the bear in close to cocoa and then I used a dauber and close to cocoa ink to colour the image. You need to only use small amounts of ink so you can control the colour. I used a very small amount of regal rose ink on a dauber to colour the cheeks.

To make the scalloped edge on the pink cardstock I used the corner rounder punch with the guard taken off. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to position the happy birthday greeting before randomly stamping the name Charlie. You could use the stamp-a-ma-jig to position the alphabet letters in line when stamping the name if you wanted also.

I used the number one stamp from a set that I found when I was tidying up the other day - who new!!! I then mounted the number after I punched it out on dimensionals onto the flower that I punched using the new boho punch from the spring mini catalogue that will be released in August.

Thanks Di for letting me borrow your alphabet stamp set, I promise I will return it soon:)

No comments: