Sunday 13 July 2008

Gift Card Purse Birthday Card

It was my sister's birthday on friday and I wanted to make one of these Gift Card Purse. This idea was from a swap that Sharon Turnball made for Convention in April. You can also see them made by another couple of Demo's, Di and Sam. Here is my attempt:


Colours: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and So Saffron
Stamp set: Level 2 hostess set and Cheery Chat that I borrowed from Di
Accessories: Brads (bold brights colour family), eyelet (basic colour range), real red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (which I am loving at the moment!), the word window punch, dimensionals, corner rounder punch, 5 petal flower punch and an envelope for the inside.

I stamped an image from the level 2 hostess set randomly on the real red cardstock but you can't see it that well in this photo - sorry about that. The insde is made up of an envelope folded in half with each end cut off to put inserts inside to write a message on and to add a gift voucher inside. Here is a photo of the inserts I made:

The image I used on these inserts are the same as those used on the red cardstock in the above photo. I used the wide grosgrain ribbon as tabs at the top of each insert.
I really enjoyed making this and it was pretty easy as well.

No comments: