Saturday 7 June 2008

Gift Bags

Petals and Paisleys


As you may have seen mentioned on Di's blog (and if you haven't then check it out here) I have made a few gift bags as has Di. The first one I made was using the petals and paisleys Designer Series Papers. I really like this bag made in this paper.

This bag measures h:11.5cm by w:10cm by d:4.5cm. I cut the paper at 7" which gave me 3.8cm at the bottom and 2.5cm at the top to turn over.

I used sticky strip to stick down the side and bottom. The ribbon used is Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon. I tied double knots to make sure the ribbon wouldn't come through once tied. I made the card using very vanilla cardstock and seeing spots stamp set and the small flower is from simply said. The 'friends' greeting is from the level 1 hostess set, so many sayings (such a great set).

Berry Bliss



This bag uses the same measurements as the petals and paisleys. I've used purely pomegranate double stitched ribbon and made the card out of close to cocoa and pretty in pink cardstock. I stamped the image from boho backgrounds using purely pomegranate ink punched it out with the 1" circle punch and the greeting is from you guessed it the level 1 hostess set, so many sayings.


Old Olive Prints Paper




This bag was made using 2 sheets of the Prints Designer Series Papers. The bag measures h:22cm, w:18.5cm, d:6cm. I have allowed an extra 5cm at the bottom and 3cm at the top to turn over. I also allow an extra 1cm at each side to attach the two sheets together. I've used the wide old olive grosgrain ribbon for the handles and attached a card made using whisper white cardstock with a little strip of olive prints paper down the side. I stamped the paisley image from polka dots and paisleys stamp set in old olive and the greeting from so many sayings also in olive ink.

I punched the holes on all bags both sides together so the holes were in the same place. To punch the holes I used an everyday hole punch that you would use at school because I didn't own a crop-a-dile at that stage but I do now - YAY so that's what I'll be using now to make holes. The bag would also look nice with jumbo eyelets around the holes just to finish it off.

Thanks for looking,

Kellie

No comments: