Monday 6 April 2009

Kristina's Colour Challenge #48

It has been so long since I've participated in one of Kristina's challenges so I was pleased I had time for this one. Here is the inspiration picture:A couple of new in-colours in this challenge Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss with some Choc Chip and Whisper White. Here is the card I made with the colours:Stamp sets: One of a Kind, Short and Sweet
Cardstock: Whisper White, Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss
Ink: Choc Chip, Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze
Accessories: blue rhinestone brad, blender pen, piercing tool, dimensionals, scallop edge punch, choc chip wide grosgrain ribbon and stamp-a-ma-jig

I really like using White for card bases sometimes, it gives a clean fresh look I think. Once I had scored the card in half for the side fold I then scored it again 2cm from the fold. This is where the ribbon is attached and tied into a bow on the front. I used the scallop edge punch several times on this card - perhaps I got a little carried away; I was having fun so I guess that's all that matters. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the centre of the flower and then pierced a hole for the rhinestone brad. The piece of Kiwi cardstock on the inside is also scalloped with the scallop facing the centre of the inside of the card.

4 comments:

Pirre said...

Beautiful card!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kellie what a cool way to do the opposite on the scallops I love the effect it gives. Awesome job!

{PurpleD} said...

Very beautiful. Well balanced with the white background!

Diane Barnes said...

Oooh it's fab Kellie. Love the coloured flower - it looks great on the white & who doesn't love a scallop? hugs, Di