Monday 12 May 2008

Happy Anniversary


My Manager at work asked me to make her an anniversary card so this is what I came up with. One of my new favourite colours is Basic Gray. You probably can't really see the colours well but I've used whisper white, basic gray, certainly celery Prints Designer Series Papers from the palette o' prints and vellum cardstock. I used elegant eggplant, certainly celery and basic gray ink pads stamped onto the vellum. When you stamp onto vellum you need to make sure you wait a while as it takes a little time to dry. I've used the absolutely and newly favourite Baroque Motifs stamp set. Once I stamped onto the vellum I used a couple of rhinestone brads to keep the vellum in place before adding the ribbon. The ribbons I used are 5/8" certainly celery grosgrain, basic gray taffeta and 1/4" elegant eggplant grosgrain ribbons. I tied the basic gray and elegant eggplant together which I really like. I always like to stick the ribbon down with double sided tape just so it stays where I want it. I then used the greeting from a level 1 hostess set called So Many Sayings in basic gray. Next time though I would stamp the greeting first as I had to remove one of the rhinestone brads because I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to postition to stamp correctly. I really like how this card turned out.

No comments: