Friday 18 July 2008

Colour Inspiration #16

It's that time again for Kristina Werner's colour inspiration. The colours in this weeks colour inspiration are very pretty and the picture is so cute. I automatically thought baby card but I didn 't go in that direction; anyway here's the picture:

The colours are very vanilla, soft sky, certainly celery and pumpkin pie.

I made 2 cards this week, here's the first:

I've used another new stamp set from the spring mini catalogue soon to be available. This stamp set is called A Beautiful Thing. There is a matching roller that goes with this set and of course I did buy it too - couldn't help myself!!!

I stamped the 3 flowers in certainly celery, soft sky and pumpkin pie on very vanilla cardstock. I used the Stampin' Around Wheel Guide so that the flowers were all in line with each other. I stamped them a couple of times and then used the 3/4" and 1/2" circle punch in each colour for the centres of the flowers. I used the mat pack and a piercing tool to pierce 4 holes in the centre of each flower like the centre of a button. The 2 circles are mounted on dimensionals. I used the mat pack again with the certainly celery marker to put dots as a border around the flowers - you can't really see it in this photo.

The ribbon I used was the wide grosgrain in certainly celery just straight across the card and then very vanilla taffeta ribbon tied in a know over the celery ribbon.

The greeting is from the same stamp set and is stamped in pumpkin pie ink and punched out using the large oval punch.

Here is my second card:

This card was extremely quick to make, it literally only took me 15 minutes to make and I really like how it turned out. I think I prefer it to the first one!

I made a square card 10.5cm x 10.5cm. Here I have used the Die-Cuts - Blooms for the pumpkin flower, also from the spring mini catalogue. These are great for making quick cards. I used celery for the base of the card with a layer of very vanilla. I've used the wide grosgrain ribbon in celery down the side. I cut of piece of soft sky textured cardstock to mount the pumpkin pie flower onto which is mounted using dimensionals. I punched a soft sky circle using the 3/4" circle punch and then used mini glue dots to stick a very vanilla button in the centre.

The greeting is from a stamp set called One Of A Kind from the spring mini catalogue which I stamped in Pumpkin Pie.

I really liked using these colours together and I'm finding these challenges really fun. I hope you like what I've done with these colours and thanks for checking out my blog.

27 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow you pulled out 2 cards and they are great!

Charlene Austin said...

OH MY....so nice!! Love them both.

Jesse said...

Wow! Fantastic Cards!

Diane Barnes said...

Oooh these are both gorgeous Kellie. Can't pick a fave between them... love the button detail on the first....love everything about the 2nd. Must get going on mine now! You're a legend girl!
Di :)
PS: Please bring them over to show me next week!

Anonymous said...

They're both super cute!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

so good! hopwe they make top ten

Traveling Mama said...

Both are super cute! TFS!

Leonie Schroder said...

Kellie I like this card very much and am planning to do one for this challenge too. Just have to get kits ready for tomorrows class! Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog.

Dani Fender said...

Beautiful clean work as always! Love them both!

Becky said...

Both of your cards are wonderful! I love both of them!

Catherine said...

both cards are adorable!

Tracey said...

Kellie - these are just gorgeous. I'm loving your style!
Cheers
Tracey

Mel H. said...

Both cards are wonderful!!

Sankari W. said...

Two beautiful cards!! Your lines are just so clean and simple - very beautiful and lovely!

Meda said...

You did great on both cards. I think the second is my fave but photos can sometimes be tricky.

Sam said...

Hi Kellie,

Love both your cards this week, but the second is my fav. Lovely big bold design that just shouts...LOOK AT ME...I'm gorgeous! :-).

All the best,
Sam.

Shawntel said...

I love both of your cards! So Sweet!

Carol Dunstan said...

two beautiful cards!

Michelle Clark said...

These are beautiful!

Sankari W. said...

Congrats on making the Top 10!!! YAY!!!

Karen Giron said...

I love both your cards and my favorite is the second one. I think it's the big flower, I'm a sucker for flowers. Congrats on top 10!

DoxieGirl said...

great card! congrats on being in the top 10!
~Kendra

Dallas said...

beautiful cards, congrats on the top 10!

Diane Barnes said...

Hi Kellie
Woo hoooooooo! - I said you were a legend...and I say it again!
Super huge congrats on making the top 10. Hugs, Di :)

Sam said...

CONGRATS on top 10 Kellie!

Well Done!

:-) :-) :-)

Sam

Julia Aston said...

Love both of your cards! congrats on being chosen for the top 10!

Kay Kalthoff said...

Yeah!!! Top Ten! Love your cards!!